Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Story Time - Part Two

Continuation of the previous post.  If you did not see it, best to check it out to keep everything together.
===

Thousand of years pass by until we get to the fateful time in history when God has stepped down from heaven and taken the form of a man - Jesus, the Christ.  All is good and happy when suddenly, and without warning, "bad men" grab the young messiah and drag Him away.  They accuse Him of unspeakable things.  They torture Him beyond what normal men could ever endure.  God, the Father, is beside Himself with worry and anger.  Then those people drag Jesus outside and infliict the most horrible form of execution on Him they know of - crucifixion.  The Father is losing His mind as He watches helplessly as His Son dies at their hands.  If He had of known this was coming He sure would not have let Jesus go down to that filthy planet in the first place - nasty, icky humans.

You may notice a few, uh, "flaws" in the above rendition.

If you are familiar with Scripture, you know that Jesus came down here to die in the first place and that the events of His birth, death and subsequent resurrection were foretold in prophecy hundreds and even thousands of years before any single detail ever came to pass.  Both Father and Son knew what was going to happen all the way along, even smaller details like Peter's denial after Jesus' capture.

Quick question:  who crucified Jesus?

"The Jews did.  The Romans did.  The Pharisees did.  Humanity did.  Satan did."  Those are the standard answers, are they not.  Here is a "not so standard" answer for you:  God did.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What do you mean 'God did'?"

I mean, God did.  Centuries before any of it came to pass, God gave the details of most every aspect of Jesus' birth, life, death, resurrection and return to numerous prophets.  God also revealed why it had to be done in the first place - to save us and reunite us with God in the first place.  So were any of the details a big surprise or shocker to God?  Not hardly.  He wrote them long, long, long before any of the people or players were on the scene.  And the crucifixion was a major part of that plan.  So yeah, God crucified Him.  And in this we see a tie in to our possible slandering as mentioned in the first portion - blaming someone when it was not their fault in the first place.

And if it is God we are talking about, is it really blame?  After all, you blame someone for something bad not for something good, just as you say something is someone's fault only when talking about something bad.  If it is good, we usually credit them for it, not blame.  So can it be blame if it is God? Would not "blaming" God imply that God has done wrong or evil - two things which He cannot do - and therefore, be a sin to do so?

***To Be Continued***

No comments:

Post a Comment