Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Social Media Updates continued

While many do see updates done on social media, not all do so this post is another made up of postings from my page.


You are within a great river and you have choices. You can try and swim against the current but it will not do you much good. Matter of fact, it will do you no good at all. You will expend a staggering amount of energy and yet will continue to move downstream and, since you are trying to swim upstream, your back will be towards any obstacles in the flow. You will not see the rock or the log coming so you will caught totally off guard - unable to avoid you will take serious damage repeatedly. You may choose to do nothing. While you will not expend much energy, you will get beaten off of every rock, log and obstacle in the flow. The other choice is to surrender to flow of the waters and allow them to carry you along with only slight effort on your part - swimming with the current and only expending extra energy when an obstacle appears before you. It will take far less energy and you will see what lies ahead of you far more often, perhaps even being able to avoid the obstacle all together.

You can choose to fight against God, you can choose to do "nothing" or you can willingly and intentionally follow Him and His will. Your choice, so do not go blaming Him if you end up splattered on a boulder.
===
We who claim to follow Christ, know that we have been set free. It is what we have been set free from and for that sometimes gets lost in the translation. The righteousness that God requires we, the Church, have by faith Christ - we do not have to strive to obtain it because our best efforts would fall dreadfully short anyway. However, this does not mean that we cease to obey God. We are not condemned for our sin but that does not mean we should just go for it and sin our little butts off every chance we get. "...Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means!.." ~ Romans 6:1-2

We are set free from following the "sinful nature" - it is deceased and will not grow in strength unless we feed it. We are set free to pursue an intimate relationship with God and follow what the Spirit of God desires. Continuing to rebel against God feeds the old and works against what the Spirit desires.

Like it says in Galatians 5:13 "You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh..".
===

If the roughly 7.2 billion people on this planet all agree, wholeheartedly, that something is totally impossible and God says it is possible, do you know what that means? It means 7.2 billion people were dead wrong.

"...with God all things are possible.” ~ Matthew 19:26
===

No comments:

Post a Comment