Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Media Repost


Social Media (FaceBook for example) can be a wonderful thing and it can be something less than wonderful.  While I surely could go on easily from here, that is not the point of this posting.  The point of this post is a simple sharing.  There have been a number of times when I have posted something online rather than in here, which is fine if one knows me in another venue, not so much otherwise.  That said, I’m going to toss a couple of them down here that have appeared elsewhere.

 

So, I was in Romans 6 .....

You can either be a servant of sin or a servant of God but cannot be both - cannot walk with one foot on each side of the line or wander back and forth at will. Sin puts up a pretty good argument though - like a drug dealer trying to tell you how great it will be or one of the many beer commercials showing the "good time" scenes of fun, excitement and - of course -the opposite sex. But the reality of those "party scenes" would be much different - regrets, pains, break ups, fights and loss to name but a few (not too mention puking on your new shoes). The view that sin puts forth is a tempting one and tries to make you think of everything that will you will miss out on. Even when doubts come with the tempting, sin counters with "you can follow after you...". But is there an after? 

And what manner of choice "is" that anyway? After all, you are in effect telling God He is not enough for you or not quite good enough for you. You love someone with all you have. How would you feel if they said "I'm leaving you but I'll come back after I hook up with this one or that one or..."?

So there is a choice to be made. Follow sin or follow God. Sin offers much but really, does it deliver? Perhaps briefly in some manner, but hardly long term and it does tend to lead to consequences which are not good by any standard, and frequently we see those consequences in the here and now, not just in a life yet to come. It is not a matter of "legalism", it is a matter of loyalty.
 

 And every time you compromise what you believe - you own moral standards - for whatever reason, two things happen. 1. It becomes easier to compromise again. 2. It gets harder to come back from.

No comments:

Post a Comment