Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

H2O

When asked about how God fills us, sometimes people will use the example of a glass of water - us being the glass and God being the water.  Not a bad picture but it really does not do quite do it justice.

Try picturing this:  God is the ocean, and we are a cup.  But we are not glass or plastic cup, we are a paper cup (unwaxed or coated),  Now then, picture the cup in the ocean - not floating around on it but down within it.  Not only filled with the water but surrounded by it as well, and since it is paper, the water also is soaked into the very fibers of the cup as well.  You are the cup, God is the water.

Now then, consider that you are not the only cup in that ocean.  Your cup is filled, surrounded and all but completely a part of the water it is within.  That very same water is also the same for all of the other cups in that same ocean.  So in essence, your cup is attached to every other cup in a very real way.  So it is with the Spirit of God.

Another consideration for you to ponder:  considering how the cup and the water are with each other, what is there between the cup and the water?  Nothing, right?  So it is with us and God - there is nothing between us.  Nothing.

Let that little tidbit sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment