Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hurtful Things

This posting is a combination of a couple that were previously posted on by me on my FaceBook page.

Gossip, in any form, has destroyed no small number of lives - sometimes even taking them. And while most would gladly join in with condemning it, no small number of us still do it. After all, gossip requires at least two people - one to speak, another to listen and believe and possibly continue the cycle. But even if you do not say what you have heard, do you act upon it? Do you believe it? If someone tells you something about another person, that you yourself have never seen or seen in them, do you suddenly act and think as though what you have heard were true? You know you actually do not know if it is true or if it is, what details were added in or left out of the version you heard. Our words can destroy or our words can heal. It is up to each one us which we will use them for, every single time we open our mouths and speak - without exception. Choose well.

As eluded to above, the words we say can either heal or destroy, bring life or bring death. I do not know what you may have used your own words to do in your life, but I know that I have, more than I would like to think about, used both spoken and written words to hurt, slam or cause pain. I do not speak of a 'well deserved' rebuke that may occasionally come up, but of selfish, hurtful words spoken (or written) in a moment of anger or pain or sorrow. That said, I am taking this moment to ask for forgiveness for anything that may have hurt any of you who ever see this that came from me. I also ask that you try to remember the good and forget the bad for I truly never meant to have you suffer - for any time or in any way - due to my words.

None of us are perfect and is why, when we realize that we have done wrong - intentionally or not - that we have to admit to our error, repent and seek forgiveness ... whether it is given or not is irrelevant.

 I should mention that, when I say we should seek forgiveness, I do not mean with God although acknowledging our error to Him is also on the list. I mean with the person or persons whom we may have wronged, slighted or hurt. They may not forgive us however, but we must seek it regardless - their acceptance and forgiveness is between them and God just as our offering and forgiveness of others is between us and God.

 I know that some of us, when confronted with the reaction to our words, will take the stance of "Well, "I" didn't say anything wrong" or "I" never said anything that was not true" or even "Well, it is not "my" fault if "they" took it that way" or possibly "They shouldn't be so sensitive" or some other similar stance or mindset. How "they" took it "is" the point, not how you meant it or what you think someone else should be capable of letting roll off their back.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." ~ Romans 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment