Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Of Note

Few little clips from my social media page
===

"...since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us [and] because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand" ~ Romans 5: 1-2

Sometimes it is hard to remember that we do not deserve what we have been given. We never deserved to be saved in the first place and we never deserved to have the privilege of not only knowing God, but being known by Him. Even John the baptist, who had the Spirit upon him in the womb (Luke 1:15), did not consider himself worthy of Christ (John 1:27). What we deserved and what we have been given are vastly different. Praise be to God for His amazing grace and mercy upon we, who surely do not deserve a single drop of it.

===

In this day and age, we have oodles and oodles of books, videos, studies and programs about God and what the Bible says. While many are indeed, wonderful, none of those are a substitute for the actual Word of God. After all, what God says to me may be totally different than what He speaks to you at a given time or situation. And we have many wonderful stories and emotional testimonies and those too have their place but again, they are no substitute for the Bible in the life of a believer. So if you have not opened yours lately, perhaps it is time to do so - see what God has to say rather than what someone else has to say about Him.

"All Scripture is God-breathed.." ~ 2 Tim. 3:16
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away." ~ Matthew 24:35
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." ~ Isaiah 40:8

===

A sobering thought.

I once heard it said that "we may be in heaven before we ever know how many people are there because of us", which is quite the pleasant thought and is likely, quite true. There is another side though - "how many are NOT there because of us" - not near so pleasant a thought yet, most likely, equally true.

No comments:

Post a Comment