Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Long Days Snipits

Media Updates
======
I have no clue where you are in life or what is going on in your world at this very moment. I do know some things though. I know, personally speaking, that there are things which God has told and shown me about a fair few things in the realm of the "yet to come". I do not mean like end of the world stuff, I mean personal things, situations, circumstances, etc. Now, like most, I want to be there now for some, if not all, of these. Yet I do realize that there are things which must happen first - things which cannot happen instantly no matter how much I may want them too sometimes. And while I would love to say I have always hung on faithfully and patiently waited, I really cannot do so. There have been times in which I have looked at where I am at now or circumstances that seem impossible and have tried to look away from what I know He has said - yes, I admit that I, in some of those moments of doubt, have tried to harden my own heart and close my eyes to what God said about <whatever>. The result: frankly each time left me feeling quite "icky" for lack of a better way to put it. That is, until I realized that I was looking at people, events and circumstance from my own limited point of view and put my faith back where it belonged in the first place: in God. If He said it, He will do it.

So today, should you find yourself feeling discouraged or starting to think "maybe God did not say..." or "what's the point, it will never happen" or whatever, take a bit of encouragement from this. One, you are not alone since obviously at least one other person (yours truly) has been there more than once. And two, that God does not change - He did not change His character suddenly 'just for you' and decide He lied or was just yanking your chain. You knew what He said before, remember today Who it was that said it and put your faith in Him, not in what you can see from where you are right now. Our God "is" faithful and He "will" come through for us. Every time.
======

"After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before." ~ Job 42:10

We all have periods of trouble in our lives - some that others can see, some that are only known between us and God. And during these times, we can easily get caught up in constantly praying for ourselves, forgetting all about everyone else in our world. So it may well be worth the note that it was not after he pleaded and begged for help for himself that God restored Job, but after he had prayed for his friends.

So if you find yourself in a place of turmoil today and find your prayers seem somewhat self centered, perhaps a change may be in order

Hey! If you are reading this, then that means you are on Facebook (or some other social media) and likely have a friends (or contact) list filled with people who could likely use a word of prayer even if nothing more than asking for the Lord to bless them. Just a thought.
=======

God is the God of today so stay here, in the now, with Him. Do not spend every moment reliving past mistakes or glories for you shall not be able to see where you are at now or where you are going. Neither spend all your time dreading a future you can neither see nor even know you shall be in at all, for again, you shall miss all that is the present. Accept and learn from your past, have hope and faith in God for the future, and live, with Him, in and for today.
=======

No comments:

Post a Comment