Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Gut Check

No one likes to hear or read anything that gives them pause to consider/reconsider their own spiritual state and Christians are no exception. We read/hear something that implies we should check ourselves out in the mirror - to see if we truly believe what we claim to believe or if we are living the life we should be - and we do not always react well and we go on either the offensive or the defensive.  Truth be told though, it is not a bad idea now and then.  After all, if you were on a diet/exercise plan to lose 10kg before swimsuit season, would you not check your progress now and then, and if you found weight gain rather than loss, perhaps recheck what you are doing.

I realize that implying we need to check ourselves and our spiritual state beyond just repeating "well, I know I am saved because..." does not tend to make one popular, especially when it comes from someone as imperfect as yours truly.  But honestly, I would rather tick you off now and share a coffee with you in heaven, than spend ten thousand years looking for you there, only to find you missing.

"Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter" ~ Matthew 7:21

*the above was done on my Facebook status as well*

No comments:

Post a Comment