Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Social Snipits

A few short postings from some of my social media postings.
============================================

Have you ever read Matthew 17?  Specifically, the events around Jesus and friends owing tax money.  In case you haven't, will fill you in.  Basically, they owed tax money, but they were broke. So Jesus tells Peter (formerly a fisherman by trade) to go fishing.  Not to catch fish to sell.  Oh no, He tells Peter to open the mouth of the first fish he catches and "take out the money that is in it" and go pay their taxes.  For some reason, I can picture Peter getting 'one of those looks' on his face followed by a "you want me to do what?!".  But He does do it and, lo and behold, in the fish's mouth there is enough money to cover what they owe.

There are many names given to God in the bible and on of my favorites is "Jehovah-jireh" which is "the Lord provides" or "the Lord will provide".  Now between that name and the number of times we are told to not worry about, well, anything really, surely we would never, ever worry.  Truth be told though, we still do, don't we.  Although it does beg the obvious question "why" - after all, what has worry ever given us other than wrinkles, sleepless nights or an upset tummy?

His provision for us is not limited to funding only - He can, and will, provide everything from material things to relationships of all kinds to unlimited guidance.  So do not worry.  Take every thought, urge, desire and concern to God - Jehovh-jireh - after all, is anything too hard or impossible for our God.

===
They are frantic and confused, anxious and concerned as they lift their voice to heaven above: "Oh, Lord, I know you have said better is coming, I know you have shown me "this and that" in the past, I know you have called me up and out and even though I do not see it now, I do trust You, I really do, but...but show me something, give me a sign..show me another glimpse of the future...did you change your mind...show me, tell me, reassure me...".

With this plea, the heavens rumble and a voice replies, "What would you do if you knew more? What would you do if I gave you some sign to show you that I meant what I said before and that it shall come to pass? I tell you, do now what you would do then and you will just be fine."

===
Believers taking advice on matters of conscience from non-believers is akin to seeking guidance making a cake from scratch from someone whose only cooking accomplishment is successfully making kraft dinner once upon a time.

===

No comments:

Post a Comment