Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Part Deux

As mentioned previously, there was another part to the post before the last one - a couple of tie ins to it. And as promised, I am sharing that now. The other part actually comes in the form of two separate pieces that came shortly after the original. So without further delay...

The first one came after a discussion with someone else:

A glimpse of the faithfulness and character of God: Judas.

He knew when He called Judas what he was going to do...He knew he would give in to temptation and betray Him to a horrible death..but still, He did call him. Not only that, but He did not treat Judas ANY differently than the other disciples...even though HE KNEW. He still taught him, cared for him, trusted him, protected him and loved him ... even though He knew. God cannot be any other way than He is.

========
Sort of a tie in with the "He Knew" message...

Have you ever had something revealed to you, by God, that you felt you were to either act or not act upon, but you choose the opposite for whatever reason. I know I have. One springs to mind fairly quickly and was the one which sprang to mind when this came to me.

When God showed you, or me, whatever it was, He already knew what we would do with it or not do with it. So does that mean, by our action or inaction that we have somehow changed God's plan? Is His plan laid out and has Plan A, subsection 128-7 to handle what we did or did not do? No. He has plan A...period. How superior do we think we are that our decision can change the plan that God has laid out for this world and everyone and everything on it? Do we think we are greater than He?

I will not go into the details of the example that comes to my mind. What I will say, is that it is something from the past. A time in which God revealed something to me about something other than me. I did not share this at the time. And things, well, they did not go in a way that I saw as being good (stressing the "as I saw"). And, I have kicked myself for some time about this. Thinking that IF I had of acted then things might have been different. But. But God knew when He allowed me to see that I would not have shared this with everyone concerned (did with one person, not all). So does my inaction mean that I changed God's plan? Of course not! While lots of passages from Job do come to mind, there is one other set of scripture that does so even more.

Esther 4:13-14 "he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place"

God's plan does not have a Plan B or a subsection whatever. He sees beginning to end, end to beginning, and all in between and has all the details taken care of. So did my inaction change God's plan for the situation? No. If things were to go differently, they would have. Trust me here, He knows me and He would have known enough to "not put all His eggs in MY basket".

So I just want to encourage you a bit, if I may. If there has ever been something in your past that you have kicked yourself for because you keep that nagging thought around that "If I had of...then...", take heart...you are NOT CAPABLE of changing God's plan. He knew at the time what you would do or not do. His ways are above our ways, His thoughts above our thoughts.

I actually have another tidbit that is more recent (very, since it's not written yet) that ties into the last part here that may be coming shortly as well.

Yours in Christ

Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment