Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Heavens Declare

You know, I think I can understand it a bit. I can understand how some people worship "created things", like the sun, moon or the earth itself.

When outside earlier this evening, the moon was big and bright. Not only that, but the way the light went through the clouds made a pillar of light shooting both up and down from it. It was gorgeous.

Personally speaking, I have always had a thing for sunsets and clouds. Some of the colors and designs are just, well, amazing. And while I am no fan of shoveling, I have to admit that a sunrise on a freshly fallen layer of snow is stunning. How amazing and beautiful this world can be. So yes, I can understand how some would worship that which they see. I should anyways, I used to myself years gone by. Although I find it almost funny how I never once considered worshiping the creator of those things.

Let's face it, the sun, the moon, the stars, even the earth itself are, in fact, created things. They are not eternal nor ever lasting. Those things upon the earth constantly change and fade away and the earth, as a whole, could as easily be gone tomorrow as not. No conspiracy theory stuff, just a fact.

So why in the world would anyone want to worship something that is so, well, finite? Does it not make more sense to worship the One who created it all. I mean, just look at what He made. Look around you and see the near limitless imagination of design - the stunning beauty hidden everywhere from a blazing sunrise to a single rose to the eyes of a newborn.

Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

How could you not see Him - see the work of His hands? How could I not have seen Him those years gone by? Perhaps I was a fool. Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” I dare say I was, once upon a time. Now however, now I know there is a God for by His grace and mercy I have life.

If you are reading this and you worship those things which are merely creations (stunning as they may be), take a moment perhaps and consider their Creator and how amazing He must be to share such beauty with we whom I dare say, do not deserve it. Does it not make more sense to give your worship to Him? Take it from one who has been there, He will gladly accept it...and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment