Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

Well, here we are in 2011 - 2010 is now a thing of the past.

So what "was" 2010 anyways?

A pastoral friend of mine commented to me on Sunday that maybe 2011 would be better than 2010 was for me. I have to tell you, really, that does not sit the very best with me. Allow me to explain.

It is my suspicion that he was referring to a time of turmoil that occurred later in the year between myself and other members of the Body. Problem is, I do not see it as a bad thing. At least not now anyways.

In the last year, I got to see God glorified numerous times over. I had a chance to not only see the Body of Christ actually be the Body of Christ, but also to be a part of that on more than one occasion. A number of times I was also able to hear and respond to what He was calling me (and others) to do (considering how deaf I can be by times, that is a biggie). I saw friends get saved, sometimes even being used to help lead them home. I met new friends - new family members in God's family of believers.

Sure there were times that were less than pleasant at the time, but as promised, all works out for the best. Like that turmoil mentioned before for example. Unpleasant and painful at the time to be sure, but the changes from it cannot be ignored. For myself, things which I did not even realize still existed within me have been brought out into the light and have (at least started to) been changed. Old fears have been squashed. Changes in how I see things - a bit less of the old and a bit more of the new - have been brought about because of it. Not to mention being led by the Spirit into a place of repentance that, in all honesty, comes second only to the day I was first saved. So really, I do not see it as such a bad thing from here. Do not get me wrong - I cannot say I enjoy the Lord's discipline, but I have learned to greatly appreciate it. At least in hind sight.

There is oodles more that happened in 2010 that I am thankful for, but really, a lot of it would make little sense to you unless you were there for it. Suffice to say, it was quite a year and I am thankful for it all.

You know, it would be really, really easy to just look back at the "bad stuff" and say "oh whoa is me" as I hope desperately for a nice smooth year for 2011. Thank God that He has allowed me to see the blessings that were hidden in it all though. To see how at least some of those events changed me and others for the better. Now that is nothing of my own doing, I tend to see the bad if left to my own vision. Perhaps you can relate. Perhaps you too have been shown some of those hidden blessings amongst some storm(s) in 2010.

So now we are in 2011 and I have already seen His hand at work in my life, as well as others - and it is only the 4th day! Can hardly wait for the rest of it - it should be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment