Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Wider than the sky, deeper than the ocean

Have you ever pondered just how incredibly vast and all encompassing the grace of God is?


Consider the words of Isaiah 64:6: "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags".


Those words are often used to with regards to the unsaved or someone trying to earn their way into God's good graces but it does not say only some, but rather, all.


If I were to take everything of my own - every word uttered or written, every lesson taught or preached, every good deed, every act of charity and compassion, everything He ever did through me by His power and every other tidbit I could dig up and then, then I added to my pile every act and word said and done by Spurgeon, Wesley, Martin Luther and Mother Theresa and combined all of that together the resulting ball of "righteousness" would be like nothing more than a single mouse dropping in comparison to the righteousness of God Almighty.


And in spite of how utterly vile I am in comparison He still shows me grace. He still shows me mercy upon mercy upon mercy. How overwhelming vast is the grace of our Lord God that He would show grace to one such as I. And in light of all of this, how insanely futile is it for me to think that any of my own righteous acts, thoughts or deeds could ever earn me anything or give me cause to believe that somehow I deserve anything other than the flames of hell. But through His grace which is beyond human comprehension He not only gives me life but calls me - ME - His very own, through nothing more than faith and even that, faith which He has given in the first place.


How awesome is our God. I could not earn it before, I cannot earn it now but still, still He gives that which I could never hope to earn or deserve.


If you feel unworthy, there is a reason for that: you are, you always were and always shall be. But, take heart! For He knew that already and still He chose to show you mercy and grace without measure or end. Indeed, you are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment