Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A question pondered...

So I find myself pondering a bit as of late...

Do I seek to have God give glory to what I do or do I seek to do that which will bring Him glory?

After all, there is a fairly massive difference between the two, is there not?

One may ask, "What does it matter, so long as He is One getting the glory?", but it surely does matter.

For if I merely do <whatever> and attempt to toss God into it somewhere or in some fashion, I could so easily be doing Him a massive disservice. For that matter, I could be totally following my old nature and seeking to justify my decisions, fears, failings, biases, etc by tossing in a quick "to God be the glory" at some point. How often in history have we seen hate filled men attempt to justify themselves, their words and their actions by tossing on a quick "to God be the glory"? If these men could do such things then surely - being merely a man myself - I am capable of such.

I am not getting any younger. Each day which passes is one less day on this world and one more day closer to my going home to Him. So I find myself pondering such things and more and more, needing to know the answer to the question: "what can I do for You, Lord, that will bring You the glory You deserve?" for in my heart I know I was made for so much more than merely surviving life or "living a good life" (for there are many, many people who do not know Him who do such things as well) ...

I was made for His glory, not He for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment