Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

More Re-Posts

(More from my social media status updates for those without facebook)

You are never so far gone as to be out of the reach of the love of God. No matter where you find yourself today. If you never knew Him, you are not too far away to turn and reach out to Him and be accepted by Him, no matter what you have done. If you have known Him and find yourself in a place where you think you have no choice but to stay there, take heart and know that He has not left you as an orphan and wants you to come home to Him more than anything you can dream of. If you turn your heart and mind to Him, He will not only accept you back but will give you the strength to come home where you belong.

"... neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8: 38,39

It is not our head knowledge which moves us. It is not how much we know "about" someone or something which compels and changes us. It is the knowledge of our heart. It is not knowing "about" in our minds but truly knowing in that quiet place deep within which drives us forward to change not only ourselves, but the very world around us.

It is not about "religion" or tradition or following rules or book knowledge or who knows the most obscure facts. It is about actually knowing God. For if we truly knew Him, truly allowed ourselves to not only feel His love for us but to reciprocate it we, and the world around us, would never, ever be the same.

I pray that every person I know - whether a sibling in Christ or not - feel the love that God has for them. Not merely knowing it in your head, but truly feeling the overwhelming, personal, passionate love that He has for each one of you even moreso than you ever have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment