Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lessons from Nature

The sun beats down upon the African plain.  Within the tall grass, the lion silently watches the herd of gazelle and waits.  The herd begins to move on, but one lone animal has tryaed away from the herd ever so slightly.  The lion watches, their muscles tighten and coil - ready to release.  The animal drifts slightly further away from the herd as the herd continues to move forward.  The lion explodes from its' hiding place, covering the distance quickly.  The lone gazelle has not seen them until it is too late to do anything but attempt to run, but it is no use.  They are overtaken and taken down quickly.


"Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." ~ 1 Peter 5:8

When we stray, we become easy prey - plain and simple.  Not only in straying away from God, but in our straying away from other believers.  When the bible urges us to be in fellowship with one another, it is not because God just wants us all in easy to find/sort groups - it is for own benefit and protection.  Not only ours but others as well.  While going to church is a good thing, it is not the end all, be all of fellowship either - we should have other believers in our lives as well - even if we are not discussing scripture constantly with them just being together is helpful.  After all, Jesus did say in Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them".

I know from my own experience that there is a difference in feeling when I am hanging out with unsaved friends and saved friends.  Even if not discussing anything "biblical", there is a certain calmness or closeness that exists.  Which makes sense really, since we each have the exact same Spirit within us - not a piece of the same or a portion, but the actual same Spirit. 

Did you ever notice that Jesus did not send out the disciples as singles but in pairs?  We would do well to take note of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment