Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Just Don't...


A note with regards to judging others: Don't.



The fact that you are saved - not by anything you did but by grace, at that - does not give you the right to judge another person. "But we will judge angels", you say. Taking 1 Cor 6:3 out of context (the verse is about resolving arguments between believers) does not give you the right to do so either. There is only One Judge (James 4:12) and only He can judge the hearts and motives behind the actions (1 Cor 4:5), the best you can do is compare another against yourself with an uneven scale which ignores your own faults and failings. So, choose to love instead of judge for there is fear and punishment in judgment but there is no fear in love (1 John 4:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment