Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Monday, May 30, 2016

How Sweet the Sound

Grace.  Amazing grace.  We hear the word so often but do we understand the scope of those 5 tiny letters?

No matter:

How many people I feed
How good I am (or think I am)
How many habits I give up
How often I go to  church
How many ministries I am involved in
How many times I talk about Him
How much I write about Him
How many people I love

I cannot earn one single drop of His love.
I cannot make Him love me more than He does right now.

No matter:

How many times I skip church
How many habits I refuse to let go of
How many excuses I make
How many opportunities I let slip away
How badly I screw it up - repeatedly

I cannot make Him hate me.
I cannot make Him throw me away like yesterday's trash.
I cannot make Him love me less than He does right now.

This is grace.

I come to Him with nothing and He gives me everything.
I do "great", He gives me everything.
I do 'far, far less than great", He gives me everything.
I deserve wrath and judgment.
He gives me mercy and life.

Grace.

He was not kidding when He told the Apostle, "My grace is enough for you" (2 Cor. 12:9)

If you turn to Him, no matter how good or how bad you think you are, grace is what you will get.
And His grace shall carry you always, for the rest of your days.

Amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment