Why The "Panicking Christian"?

Like most Christians, I occasionally find myself in a borderline, all out panic about something which I already knew, but seem to have forgotten or that I only knew in my head, as opposed to my heart. And mercifully, God decides to show me what is really going on or what it is that I needed to know, before I completely lose my mind.

So the writing within is just that. It is that which God has shown and taught me while I was typically in one of those times in my life. Since the way in which He has chosen to reveal things to me tend to be fairly easy to follow and understand, I am sharing them via this format. That said, I take no glory for any of this. It is God whom has given me the ability to write, and it is He who has given me the content to write as well and He who saved me by His glorious grace in the first place.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Don't forget your change

Your change sir?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."~James 1:17

I once heard it said that the biggest obstacle to what God is doing today, are those who were on fire for what He was doing yesterday. I dare say that there is, indeed, a measure of wisdom in that statement.

God does NOT change. He will always be there for us - never leaving us all alone in this world. He will always love us, no matter what we do - whether we perceive it as good or bad.

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”~Hebrews 13:5

And again:

"...no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand."~John 10:28,29

God is God. He is not double-minded or fickle like we human beings tend to be far to often.

He is the same holy, righteous, loving God He has always been and always will be.

But that is God Himself. What He is doing on the other hand - His plan for all of creation of which we are a part of - that is in constant forward motion.

Take you own life for example: have you changed since the day you came to actually know Jesus as Lord and Savior? Even if it happened yesterday that answer will be yes I am willing to wager.

In my own life, there have been many changes over time. Changes within myself that I did not even realize that God had made. Changes to how I think and feel, act and react. There have been changes in what areas He has chosen to use me in. Some of those have taken me completely off guard, I may add. Sounds all good so far, right? But sometimes, while change does feel and look good, sometimes it is hardly a pleasant experience in the midst of it. And let's be honest with ourselves for a moment or two, we tend not to be the fondest of change - we do tend to be "creatures of habit", as it were.

For my own life, there have been some pretty big changes since this time last year. People whom I was quite close to are no longer near as close to me in my life. Where I was physically has changed. Ministry and service that I was involved in has changed. The future I thought I could see is now a far different view.

I would just love to tell you that all of those changes went smoothly and easily, but I do not tend to lie on here so not about to start now. Some were hard. Some painful. Some terrifying. Hardly easy. I do know that most were things that God had showed me were to change, but I was stubborn - comfortable where I was at. He did tell me and give me numerous chances to move on my own - although honestly, He knew I was not about to the same as I knew it. So He pushed the issue and events unfolded as they had to in order for Him to get me where He needed me to be. There have been changes made. Some pretty big ones but in looking back at where I was to where I am now, I am thankful that He cared enough about me to give me the solid kick I needed.

Does this all mean that the next time I feel led to change that I am going to jump at the chance? Maybe, maybe not. It would be nice to think I would but I know myself well enough to know I am stubborn by times (remember, may be saved but am still human). But I do know that change happens. It has to happen. But there is good news:

".. we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.."~Romans 8:28

Do not be afraid of change. It is going to happen. It will happen in your own life, in your walk with God, in your "church", in you as a person - well, everywhere really.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?"~Romans 8:31

Thankfully - even if not until hindsight - changes happen, and even more thankfully, God does not change.

So if you find yourself in the midst of change or seeing it as it approaches on the horizon, take heart. Do not be afraid. Trust God. He is with you and He will see you through to the other side, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment